To commemorate Memorial Day, the Morris County Freeholders will present medals to seven veterans on Wednesday, May 22, 2019.
The public is invited to the noontime ceremony, on the lawn of the Morris County Courthouse at 10 Court St. in Morristown.
Speakers will include Morris County Freeholder Director Doug Cabana, and Amery Vasso, U.S. Army Veteran of Operation Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Commander of the Morris County American Legion post.
Medal recipients will be:
- Carlos D. Gonzalez, U.S. Army, Wharton
- Victor E. Camaya, U.S. Army, Towaco
- Kevin Nealon – U.S. Army – Flanders
- Glenn D. McGuill – U.S. Army – Morristown
- Michael O’Neill – U.S Army – Budd Lake
- George Orth – U.S. Army and Navy – Landing
- Elsie Maas – U.S. Navy – Mt. Arlington (WWII)
In case of rain, the event will move across the street in the County Administration Building, 5th Floor, Public Meeting Room. That would require security screening.