From the Southeast Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority:
A water main break has been confirmed at or near 200 West Hanover Ave. in Morris Township. Repairs are IN PROGRESS.
Please be advised that water service may be disrupted in this area. Affected customers will be notified via telephone and/or door hangers. A boil water advisory has been issued. Click here for a map of the affected area.
The boil water advisory will remain in effect until further notice. The next update will be issued at noon on Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020.
After repairs are completed, if discolored water is observed, flush the internal cold water plumbing lines until all faucets run clear, start at the lowest level of your home or business and work your way to the highest level floor. Flush sinks, tubs, showers, all appliances that utilize water and outdoor hose bibs.
- Flush the water lines that feed the washing machine and dishwasher before use by running each through one cycle.
- If discolored water is utilized to wash laundry, it may become stained, in this case the laundry may have to be rewashed (do not dry stained laundry) using an iron stain remover product.
- Empty and clean automatic ice makers.
- Drain and refill hot water heaters with temperatures set below 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow manufacturer recommendations for any necessary flushing of water softeners/cartridge filters. If the water pressure or flow is lower than normal at a specific faucet, remove and clean the aerator screen.
- Water reservoirs in tall buildings should be drained and refilled (as applicable).
SMCMUA apologizes for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
To receive similar water related alerts, please UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION and register for Smart911.