From the Morristown National Historical Park:
- All five Jockey Hollow area parking lots (Visitor Center, Wick House, Soldier Huts, New York Brigade and Trail Center)
- New Jersey Brigade/Cross Estate area parking lot will be increased to 100% parking capacity
- Jockey Hollow Tour Road
- Soldier Huts
- All 27 miles of hiking trails
- Equestrian trail use (5 trailer spaces at the Visitor Center parking lot only)
Appropriate recreation includes such activities as:
- large group gatherings and activities
Additionally, the following areas will remain closed to the public in this phase in the interest of public health and following federal, state and local guidelines:
- Jockey Hollow Visitor Center
- New York Brigade Comfort Station
- Wick House and herb garden
- Washington’s Headquarters Area: Ford Mansion and Washington’s Headquarters Museum (grounds and parking lots are open for passive recreation)
The health and safety of our visitors, employees, volunteers, and partners continues to be paramount. At Morristown NHP, our operational approach will be to examine each facility function and service provided to ensure those operations comply with current public health guidance and are regularly monitored.
We continue to work closely with the NPS Office of Public Health using CDC guidance to ensure public and workspaces are safe and clean for visitors, employees, partners, and volunteers.
While these areas are accessible for visitors to enjoy, a return to full operations will continue to be phased and services may be limited. When recreating, the public should follow local area health orders, park vehicles in designated parking spaces, practice Leave No Trace principles (carry in-carry out trash), avoid crowding and avoid high-risk outdoor activities.
The CDC has offered guidance to help people recreating in parks and open spaces to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. We will continue to monitor all park functions to ensure that visitors adhere to CDC guidance for mitigating risks associated with the transmission of COVID-19 and take any additional steps necessary to protect public health.
Details and updates on park operations will continue to be posted on our website www.nps.gov/morr or on Facebook and Instagram using our social media handle: @morristownnps. Learn more about the collections at http://morristownnhpmuseum.
Updates about NPS operations will be posted on www.nps.gov/coronavirus.