Morristown firefighters kept a chimney fire from engulfing a Franklin Street home early Sunday.
When the call came in shortly before 1 am, the fire had worked into the structure of the house, said Fire Chief Robert Flanagan.
The family evacuated safely, he said. Firemen finished at the rainy site around 3:40 am.
“The guys did a great job. They got there quick and worked quick,” the Chief said.
Town officials must determine when the family can return to the house at 16 Franklin, which sustained smoke, water and structural damage, Flanagan said. Nearby residences were not affected by the blaze.
Morristown firefighters received backup from the Madison Rapid Intervention Crew. Morristown police and Atlantic Ambulance.
Our thanks to reader Elissa Teeple for sharing her photos with us.