What’s the right way for Morris County to grow?
You can make your voice heard on Morris County’s Strategic Plan for growth and development this week. The Freeholders are sponsoring a study and will be responsible for its implementation. (See below for names and contact information.)
The study starts with a short survey where you prioritize attributes of life in Morris County.
Go to survey: https://goo.gl/tB4NgH
The study will be run by the Janus Group, a consulting firm. As an independent third party, it will strive to minimize politics during data gathering and analysis. A public meeting is secheduled for Nov. 29, 2017, at the Morris County Library in Whippany from 6-8pm. No RSVP required.
These are early days for the Strategic Plan Committee. So your voice has the most impact now. The final plan will be based on public input and this vision for Morris County:
Morris County will continue to be the premier place in which to live, work, and raise a family. Our County will continue to build our vibrant and sustainable economy and preserve our natural resources and history. We will honor our unique quality of life, assure a safe, well-maintained infrastructure and offer cultural and recreational opportunities for residents and visitors alike. We will continue to offer compassionate support to those in need and maintain our tradition as a caring community.
Issues have been identified in a report on Demographics, Trends and Issues.
Steering Committee Members – for the Strategic Vision of Morris County
- Freeholder Christine Myers
- Freeholder Kathryn DeFillippo
- Freeholder Deborah Smith
- County Administrator John Bonanni
- Assistant County Administrator Deena Leary
- Human Services Director Jennifer Carpinteri
- Law & Public Safety Director Scott Digiralomo
- County College of Morris President Dr. Anthony Iacono
- Park Commission Executive Director David Helmer
- Morris County Economic Development Corporation Executive Director Meghan Hunscher
- Morris School District Superintendent Mackey Pendergrast
- Morristown Medical Center President Trish O’Keefe
- New Jersey Innovation Institute Executive Director Don Sebastian
- Parsippany-Troy Hills Township Mayor James Barberio
- Chester Borough Mayor Janet Hoven
- Wyndham Worldwide representative William Skrzat
For more information, contact Freeholder Christine Myers 908.451.7415 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Deputy County Administrator Deena Leary at 973.285.6040 or email@example.com; or the Morris County Communications Office at 973.285.6015 or firstname.lastname@example.org