Two Afghanistan war veterans hired this year were among veterans honored by the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office this week for Veterans Day.
Detective Joseph Ellis served in Afghanistan with the Army’s 10th Mountain Division in 2011. Later he served in South Korea.
Detective Muhammad Thomas served combat missions with the First Marine Division in Afghanistan and northern Pakistan in 2001-2002 and later was involved in the battle of Nasiriyah in Iraq.
“The members of the Prosecutor’s Office who selflessly sacrificed for our Nation by serving in our armed forces have fortunately selected a career path serving the citizens of Morris County. It gives me great honor to recognize each of them for their past and current service to our citizens,” Prosecutor Fredric Knapp said in a statement.
Ellis and Thomas are among 11 veterans in the Prosecutor’s Office. The others are:
- Chief of Staff Daniel Pfeiffer U.S. Army
- Captain Robert McNally U.S. Marines
- Lieutenant Harrison Dillard U.S. Army
- Detective Supervisor Michael Gomez U.S. Army
- Detective Jimmy Atoche U.S. Army
- Assistant Prosecutor Julian Hill U.S. Army
- Assistant Prosecutor Robert Preziosi U.S. Army
- Director Al Imperiale U.S. Army
- Agent John Jespersen U.S. Marines