After decades based in New Jersey’s largest city, The Star-Ledger earlier this year announced plans to move most of its operations from Newark.
Requiem for a Newspaper: The Star-Ledger Leaves Newark is set for Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2014, from 7 pm to 9 pm at Rutgers-Newark, in the Robeson Campus Center, Rooms 255-257.
“The Star-Ledger’s departure leaves Newark without a daily newspaper for the first time since 1832. Come mark the occasion and ask a question, make a comment or share a memory,” Sterling said in a statement.
Scheduled panelists include:
- Andy Baglivo, former Newark Evening News City Hall reporter
- Bob Braun, former Star-Ledger education writer and columnist
- Sharpe James, Newark’s longest-serving mayor
- Dr. Clement Price, Rutgers professor and city historian
- Stanley Terrell, former Star-Ledger City Hall reporter
- Joan Whitlow, Star-Ledger reporter and columnist
Admission is free.