Morris Township officials say that a shelter is ready at Mennen Arena for those who need it–bring your own linens.
And a pet-friendly shelter has been established at Morris Knolls High School, Franklin Road, Denville. Bring a cage and supplies for your animal.
Here is more from Deputy Mayor Bruce Sisler, from about 1 pm on Monday, Oct. 29:
FROM MORRIS TOWNSHIP:
Oct. 29, 2012
Morris Township’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is open as of 8:00 am. The EOC allows all Department and Township officials to coordinate response efforts, make decisions and disseminate information. The EOC is the central point for allocation and deployment of resources to support response and recovery efforts.
As we saw with Hurricane Irene and last October’s snowstorm, we anticipate a large increase in non-emergency calls during the next few days.
In order to leave the emergency lines clear, we are providing the following phone numbers:
• For EMERGENCY calls please dial 9-1-1
• For flooded basements, call the FIRE DEPARTMENT for a pump out- dial 973-326-7435
• To report fallen trees or hazardous road situations or non-emergency Police matters,
• All other non-emergency calls for information can be made to 973-326-7436
• Please call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) to report outages immediately, or report them online by clicking “report outage” at firstenergycorp.com.
• Immediately report downed wires to the Police Department at 973-326-7459. Treat ALL downed power lines as live. Do not walk or drive near or over a downed line, and stay away from anything touching the line. If a wire falls on a vehicle, passengers should stay inside until help arrives.
• Additional updates and information may be found on our website www.morristwp.com or by calling the Office of the Mayor at 973-326-7360.
• The Police Department will maintain up to the minute storm information on its TWITTER page MorrisTwpPD.
• Emergency notifications will also be made through NIXLE. Residents can use Nixle to receive critical alerts. Additionally, residents can choose how they receive this information – by text message, email, and/or by mobile application. To receive emergency information from Morris Township go to Nixle.com.
• Should you need to evacuate your home, Morris Township residents should go to Mennen Arena located at 161 East Hanover Ave, Morris Twp, NJ 07960. Emergency personnel, cots, linens, and food will be available but limited, so it is recommended that you bring your own if possible.
• An animal friendly shelter is available at the Morris Knolls High School, Franklin Road, Denville. You must bring a cage and supplies for your animal.
Please see the attached sheet for emergency contact information.
Bruce D. Sisler
Deputy Mayor, Morris Township
Chairman, Public Safety Committee