From Morris Township officials:
A Winter Storm Warning and Hazardous Weather Outlook remains in effect from this evening through Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
Heavy snow and strong winds expected with predicted snow accumulation of 18-24 inches.
We ask all residents to prepare and if you have a power outage; please report it using one of the following methods:
Here’s what you can do to help:
- Please assist the Department of Public Works by removing all vehicles from the road during snow removal operations. While parking is prohibited in designated areas, the Township would ask that you be courteous to your neighbors, our DPW professionals, and all our first responders. Help keep our roads as clean and accessible as possible.
- Wait until the street has been plowed to the edge of pavement before shoveling the street end of your driveway.
- Have contractors keep the plowed snow on your property wherever possible.
- Clear the snow from around fire hydrants and catch basin inlets.
- Please limit your vehicular travel; emergency and essential trips only.
- Check on your neighbors, especially elderly neighbors who are unable to shovel.
- Children should be cautioned about the dangers of sledding on the street.
- Please shovel sidewalks as soon as possible to ensure pedestrian safety.
Thank you for your assistance in helping your neighbors, the Township, DPW professionals, and all our first responders ensure the safest roadways possible during this winter storm.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 MorristownGreen.com