Morristown police advise motorists to expect delays through the northwest side of town between 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm tonight, July 17, 2014, for the Verizon Corporate Challenge 5K .
The race starts and ends on Speedwell Avenue, near Headquarters Plaza and the Hyatt Morristown. Many road closures and detours will be in place; all roadways should reopen by 10 pm.
From Speedwell, the race heads north on…
• Speedwell Avenue and turns left onto Early Street
• Early Street to the end, with a right onto Colonial – Milton
• Right on Kenmuir Avenue (water station)
• Left onto Mills Street
• Left onto Sussex Avenue
• Right on Ralph Place
• Continue on Willard
• Right on Marian ( Water Station )
• Right on Fredrick Street
• Left on Mills Street
• Left on Early Street
• Right on Speedwell Avenue
• Runners will continue North on Speedwell Avenue and race to the finish line at Pioneer Park.
THESE DETOURS WILL BE USED:
Northbound Speedwell Avenue will be sent down Water Street to Spring Street and back up to Speedwell.
Southbound Speedwell Avenue will be sent down Spring Street to Morris Street.
Eastbound Sussex Avenue will be sent left on Lake Road to Burnham Road, and right on Mill Road in Morris Township and back to 202.
At Speedwell & Sussex, traffic will be sent north on 202 to Mill Road. Follow detour signs back to Sussex Avenue.
During the race no vehicles will be allowed on Mills Street, Sussex Avenue, Early Street, or Atno Avenue.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MorristownGreen.com