Morristown police have consolidated a flurry of snow removal announcements–and announced plans to tow residents who don’t move cars from posted “no parking” streets. Here is their latest roundup, for Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014, and Monday, Feb. 17.
FROM THE MORRISTOWN POLICE:
PUBLIC ASSISTANCE REQUESTED TO FACILITATE SNOW REMOVAL
As a result of the recent heavy snow, the Morristown Police will be assisting the Morristown Department of Public Works in their ongoing efforts to clear excessive snow from town streets. In order to facilitate the removal of snow from roads, residents are requested to remove their vehicles from the following roadways:
On Sunday evening (02/16/2014), starting at 9 pm, vehicles need to be removed from:
- - Pine Street (from South Street to King Place on both sides of the roadway)
- - Speedwell Avenue (from the Green to Clinton Place)
On Monday morning (02/17/2014), starting at 7 am, vehicles need to be removed from:
- - Abbett Avenue (from Ridgedale Avenue to Jardine Road on both sides of the roadway)
- - Lincoln Street (on the side of the road with posted signs)
- - Phoenix Avenue (on the side of the road with posted signs)
- - Cobb Place (on the side of the road with posted signs)
- - Lyons Place (on the side of the road with posted signs)
- - Cutler Street (on the side of the road with posted signs)
All roadways listed above have been posted with NO PARKING signs indicating the date and time of snow removal. All vehicles should be removed from the roadway by 7 am on the posted date. Vehicles that are not removed in areas that have been posted will be towed to facilitate the removal of snow so all residents are encouraged to assist with this effort.