Greater Morristown has plenty of things to be thankful for. High on the list is an artistic community of talented, creative people who are full of surprises and revelations.
Many of them shared their gifts at the Fifth Annual MorristownGreen.com Film Festival back in August. It was a fun evening; the theme was comedy.
If you couldn’t make it, here is the next best thing. For your holiday pleasure, we present videos from the 2012 MG Film Fest. All entries are included, along with a highlight reel and clips from our great musical guests, Timeless Jazz and the Brian Cunningham Project.
Our thanks to the filmmakers and musicians, our hosts at the Hyatt Morristown, our terrific MG volunteers and audience members, and especially, to the sponsors who made the evening possible:
Baroque Orchestra of New Jersey, Bickford Theatre, Braunschweiger Jewelers, C’est Cheese, Covanta Energy,Del’s Novelty, EmbroidMe, Gensler, Glassworks Studio, Greater Morristown YMCA, Guy Sterling’s Newark WBGO, Headquarters Audio Visual Services, Hyatt Morristown, I Do I Do, Iron Bar, J.C. Reiss Optician, Jersey Central Power & Light, LM Brooks Graphics, Marty’s Reliable Cycle, Mayo Performing Arts Center, McDonald Auto Body,Millie’s Old World Meatballs & Pizza, Pulte Group, Rios’ Engraving, Sandrian Camera, Simon Gallery, Strawberry Fields, Sustainable Morristown, Sweet Lucy’s, The Main Event by Melody, The Morris County Tourism Bureau,The Morristown Educational Foundation, The Morristown Jazz & Blues Festival, The Morristown Parking Authority,The Morristown Partnership, The Morristown Republican Municipal Committee, The New York Film Critics Series, The Original Music School, The Presbyterian Church in Morristown, Villa Enterprises and Wiley Malehorn Sirota and Raynes.
A complete playlist is here; separate links are below.
The winners, as voted by the audience: FIRST PLACE: Amazing Basketball Shots, by Crosby Ruhalter; SECOND PLACE: Wrinkles and Lines and Clinique, Oh My!, by Cadette Troop 1242; THIRD PLACE: Candy Man, by Joey Gatto.
Stay tuned for details about the 2013 MG Film Fest…start thinking about your entry!
THE 2012 MORRISTOWNGREEN.COM FILM FESTIVAL:
(In the order they were screened)
1. The iWorld of Julian Sowa, Julian Sowa. This seventh-grader bought an iPad in May and has never looked back.
2. Wrinkles and Lines and Clinique, Oh My!, Cadette Troop 1242. Even pineapples should respect their inner beauty, according to Girl Scouts from Frelinghuysen Middle School. SECOND PRIZE, voted by audience.
3. Ancient Artifacts, Chris Messineo. Kids from the NJ Film School stumble upon mystifying relics.
4. Amazing Basketball Shots, Crosby Ruhalter. Crosby’s incredible basketball shooting prowess is bested only by his imagination. FIRST PRIZE, voted by audience.
5. If I Had the Copyright, KC. The cleanest dirty song, or the dirtiest clean song, of all time. Performed by Carla Ulbrich. Not eligible for prizes.
6. Baked Beanz, Grey Sky Films. Think it over carefully…if you know what’s good for you!
7. Walden’s Apartment, William Darche. Thoreau fled civilization; this foreign visitor desperately wants to join the crowd.
9. The Traveler, Ben Donnellon. Where do they get off, anyway?
10. Sittin’ in the Waiting Room, Carla Ulbrich. A medical music video from The Singing Patient.
11. The Final Interview, Chris Messineo Sometimes the interview is harder than the job…though maybe not this time.
12. The KidDictionary, Eric Ruhalter. Never lose at Scrabble again!
13. Peer Pressure, Chris Messineo. It’s not easy being a teenager and making the right choices.
14. Things High Schoolers Don’t Say, Joey Gatto. But imagine if they did.
15. SIRIously, Margaret Noonan. What is the world coming to?
16. The ’60s in 60 Seconds, KC. Give or take. Not eligible for prizes.
17. When Macs Attack!!, Zaji Zabalerio & Ben Burgess. Does your computer have a mind of its own?
18. Manhole Cover Hat, Joey Gatto. Morristown’s must-have fashion accessory!
19. Apple of My Eye, Andy Keyes. A cautionary tale about what can happen when personal assistants get too personal.
20. Journey of Legends, Danny Sobol. Why playing a board game is never a good idea.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 MorristownGreen.com